Safexpert is our thousand-times proven software for CE marking and risk assessment according to the Machinery Directive and the Low Voltage Directive. It all started more than 25 years ago with the Safexpert risk assessment module. Today Safexpert has different modules which support you and your team in your safety-related project management and in dealing with standards and EU directives.
CE software packages
The packages listed above contain the most frequently used modules. In addition to the modules of the packages, the features of the additional modules provide additional benefits in the CE processes.
Modules / Packages
Standards package „Standard Plus“
Efficient work due to the direct access to over 55 particularly relevant standards in full text.
The optimal interface between technical design (risk assessment) and technical editing.
Would you like to get a more precise picture on Safexpert and see how you can quickly and efficiently make a risk assessments? Would you like to have your individual questions answered and learn how you can be accompanied step by step through the conformity assessment procedure?
Register for our free, live WEB presentation.
The software functions of risk assessment form the core of Safexpert. They help you to create and document the legally required risk assessment efficiently, systematically and legally compliant according to EN ISO 12100.
Safexpert supports designers in this:
- identify hazardous situations
- To systematically reduce risks
- Assessing risks using a risk graph
- In addition to the core functionalities of risk assessment, the software offers numerous features to make the risk assessment process as easy as possible for all parties involved:
- Standards references - Automatic actuality monitoring
- Change Assistant - Automated replacement of obsolete solutions
- Selection of performance level and SIL incl. interface to Sistema software
- Pictogram library - direct access to required warning symbols
- Operating manual assistant - transfer residual hazards directly into the operating manual template
- Interface to the Schema ST4 editorial system.
The CE Guide according to the Machinery Directive guides manufacturers of machinery and plants step by step through the conformity assessment procedure.
For manufacturers of electrical equipment, the CE Guide according to the Low Voltage Directive offers the optimal support to get to CE in a legally secure manner.
Step by step, the CE Guide leads to the CE mark and declaration of conformity. Depending on the product (machine, partly completed machine and/or electrical equipment) the user is guided through the necessary process steps in a structured manner:
Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC
- Classification of product
- Apply relevant directives
- Apply relevant standards
- Perform risk assessment
- Compile technical file
- Assess conformity of Annex IV product
- Perform internal manufacturing checks
- Print EC declaration of conformity
- During the project-setup-wizard you evaluate which directives are relevant (e. g. Machinery Directive or Low Voltage Directive)
- Classification of the product (only Machine Directive): You define which product group of the Machine Directive your product is to be assigned to (e.g. machinery, partly completed machinery, interchangeable equipment, removable mechanical transmission devices, etc.)
- Evaluate the relevant directives: You define which other directives (e. g. EMC, PED, ATEX, RED, etc.) are used.
- Evaluate the relevant standards: You determine which standards you would like (voluntarily) to apply when developing your product. The Safexpert StandardsManager module supports you in your research!
- Using (directive-specific) checklists, you avoid forgetting important points when arranging the technical files!
- As part of the full quality assurance, you check whether your product complies with the technical files.
- Then print out the declaration of conformity in the last step. Here you can easily integrate the company logo. Of course, Safexpert warns you of the printout if all the required points in the project have not yet been marked as "done"!
At first glance, one could assume that StandardManager is a conventional standards database. In fact, however, the support goes far beyond that. The software supports you in several areas:
- Search for relevant standards in special data packages
- Detailed data on status, presumption of conformity, predecessor, successor, ...
- Direct access to full texts
- Automatische Aktualitätsüberwachungen von Maßnahmen der Risikobeurteilung
- Analyse der Auswirkung von Zeitverzögerungen, z.B. wenn sich das Datum des Inverkehrbringens verschiebt
- Überprüfung, ob Maßnahmen noch aktuell sind, wenn Projekte oder einzelne Maßnahmen kopiert werden.
- New standards? Safexpert analyzes down to section level which changes are relevant for you - clear comparison of new and old requirements replace tedious manual activities!
In order not to produce unnecessary costs in the standards research, Safexpert offers various data products:
- Standards research and monitoring of actuality are based on data packages.
- The functions of the Safexpert Change Assistant are based on special reference data
- Standards in full text are available both as individual standards and in special standards packages.
This has several advantages:
- No unnecessary costs for unused full text documents
- Companies that already have a standards subscription can use the Safexpert update checks without having to procure the expensive full text documents twice.
- You only pay for those data products that you actually use.
Safexpert Check and Acceptance Assistent
The Check and Acceptance Assistant supports you with the uniform checking and acceptance of machines, partly completed machines or other products. The advantages of standardized tests are:
- Uniformity and standardization in check processes
- Central administration and updating of checklists
- Selectable check depths - When creating checklists, different check depths can be specified in order to adapt the level of detail of tests to the situational requirements.
Tip: Experts from our Standards Expert Community (SECOM) have already created checklists for common applications, which can be imported directly into the Safexpert Check and Acceptance Assistant.
Customer opinions and reference list
SAFEXPERT is used worldwide
Our customers are among the most successful in their industry. No matter whether you are a large corporation or an SME - trust in Safexpert.
For us Safexpert is the ideal tool for risk assessments and CE-documentations. The structuring of plant-projects gives us the possibility also to handle big/complex projects in a clear and structured way. But also for Risk assessments for machinery outside Europe Safexpert is a very helpful tool.