How does the software support you in finding and managing your standards?
The Safexpert software supports you in the search, selection and application of your standards and relieves you of work in the CE marking process. In particular you profit from:
- intuitive searches in special data packages
- continuous updating of the underlying data
- quick access to full texts
- Digital analysis of existing projects for changes in standards
- New: A wizard that allows you to update outdated solutions automatically
Much more than just software for standards management
- Search for relevant standards in special data packages
- detailed data on status, presumption of conformity, predecessor, successor, ...
- Access to full texts
- Automatic monitoring of the actuality of documents
- Analysis of the effect of time delays
- Administration of own standards and other documents - e.g. company standards
- Simplified search by selecting ICS subject areas
- Extensive status information on topicality and status in the EU Official Journal (presumption of conformity)
- Information on the document type (A, B or C standard)
- Direct link to the full text documents
- Information on predecessor and subsequent standards
- Advanced filters and selection options
Digital analyses - Automatic actuality monitoring
In addition to the basic functions, the StandardsManager unfolds all its benefits in connection with the risk assessment and the CE Guide in Safexpert:
What impact does a change in standards have on current projects?
Knowing that standards have changed is only the first step. The second step is to check whether a change in standards has an impact on ongoing projects. - This leads to costs or liability risks if the checks are not carried out due to time or cost pressure.
- With references to applied documents, Safexpert checks which changes in the project are affected when standards change.
- In a few seconds, Safexpert carries out tests that would take people several hours or days.
Copy and paste in the risk assessment - time saving or liability risk?
In the case of projects with a similarity to a project that has already been completed, it makes sense to take over design, calculation, etc. – however, there is legal uncertainty if the completed projects are not checked for current standards.
- When copying projects or transferring safety-related solutions from other projects, Safexpert checks whether the standards applied are still up to date.
Predefined measures - up-to-date monitoring of the Safexpert measures library
Standardization in a wide variety of company areas strives for maximum process effectiveness - this also applies to the selection of safety-related solutions. In-house standard solutions can be managed in the Safexpert measures library. The Safexpert StandardsManager checks whether standard solutions are up to date and supports the avoidance of systematic errors.
Digital engineering - a new era in dealing with standards
With the digital analyses described in the previous section, Safexpert provides designers with enormous support when working with standards. In addition to the further expansion of such digital analyses, we are now going one step further towards digital engineering!
The new "Change Assistant" function contains unique features that have never been seen before in this form anywhere in the world:
- Display changed standard sections:
Safexpert not only tells you that a standard has changed. You now also find out which section has been replaced by which! In this way you can adapt your solution to the new state of standardization in the most efficient way.
- Compare standard contents:
If you have licensed the old and the new standard, Safexpert displays both standards next to each other in the right place with a single mouse click. This makes it easier for you to check your safety-related measures and make any necessary adjustments.
It has never been so easy to adapt a risk assessment after changes to standards to the new status of standardization! Details on the functions of the Safexpert Change Assistant can be found here:
When working with standards, different data are required for different activities:
- To read standards you need full text documents. These can be purchased either individually or in packages.
- The search for standards as well as the actuality monitoring of projects and measures is carried out by means of data packages.
- For the automated changes (Safexpert Change Assistant), you require specifically prepared reference data
As a customer, you benefit from the split into different data products, as you only pay for the data you actually use. In particular, you do not need all full texts for a standards search and thus save license fees for standards.
Further functions of Safexpert
In addition to the features of risk assessment, Safexpert supports you in safety engineering in other areas: