The most important innovations
Changing the project language for the risk assessment
With the help of an assistant Safexpert enables a change of the project language. In this context all “Done“ flags are removed, as the elements need to be checked individually. This applies for the “Risk adequately reduced“ evaluation as well.
However, this action is not always necessary. Therefore Servicepack 2 provides a possibility for the assistant to maintain the “Risk adequately reduced” evaluation.
Automatic sending of Emails with SSL/TLS encryption
For the automatic sending of Emails, a SMTP-Server can be configured in Safexpert. With the help of Servicepack 2 SMTP-server with SSL/TLS encryption can be set up. Mail providers like Google Mail require this type of encryption.
The most important corrections in Servicepack 2
- Whenever the CE mark was set or removed for a document within the StandardsManager, this was not displayed correctly for the documents applied. This behaviour has now been fixed.
- When changing the classification in register 1 of the CE Guide, sometimes the error message “The timeout was exceeded before completing the process or the server did not respond” occurred. This occurrence has also been fixed.
- When downloading a new Safexpert version via “Check Availability”, the Setup might not have been saved completely in the database. Subsequently error messages occurred for users who performed this setup when starting Safexpert. This procedure was optimized to secure that setup-data are stored correctly within the database and no subsequent error messages are generated for users.
- When generating operating instructions with the help of the Operating instructions template occasional error messages – mainly when using Microsoft Office 365 – like "A call target has caused an exception error" occurred. The cause for those error messages were not confirmed notifications in Microsoft Word. The interface was optimized to the effect that these situations do no longer lead to those error messages.
- When opening a project Safexpert checks whether the system phases of the machinery life still conform with the phases of the machinery life in the project. Herby adjustments of the system phases of the machinery life can be adopted into the project. However, the option “Connection to the library” was not provided, even though this is listed within the Safexpert recommendations. This feature has now been elaborated.
- Safexpert 8.6 added a new report “Pictogram List (Grouped)”. Like all reports in Safexpert this report can be adjusted individually as well, but the data field “Description” was not provided. From now on this field has been made available.
- When loading a batch report in Central Printing, which contained the report “declaration of conformity/incorporation”, Safexpert indicated (contingent upon being an incomplete machine or not) that the correct report needs to be elected. However even the correct report could not be taken over to the batch printing. This behaviour has now been corrected.
- Different depictions of red/green of a measure appeared in the Risk Assessment when users transferred amendments of pictograph libraries or components via the Safexpert update monitoring. This behaviour has now been fixed; all entries concerned are now displayed consistently in “red”.
- If hazard locations or phases of the machinery life were created in the risk assessment’s “header information” and the project was closed without saving, the hazard locations or phases of the machinery life still were contained within the listing of the project. This unexpected behaviour has been fixed.
- Once the Update Wizard has been conducted a report of projects concerned is created. This report contained all open projects or projects with the mark "Monitor a completed project on up-to-dateness". However, even all template projects, not important whether open or completed, were displayed. This behaviour has been revised and corresponds to the description of the manual or report, respectively.
- The RoHS Directive has been revised in numerous places. As a result, the checklist of technical documentation CTU 2011/65/EU was subjected to a review. Only the bibliographic data were corrected, the content of the checklist remained unchanged.
The most important innovations
Adaptation of Safexpert data packages: New data packages defined per directive
The previous data package EU-Plus included the update based on the EU bulletins according to the Low Voltage, EMC, ATEX, RoHS and Pressure Equipment Directives.
From now on, an individual data package is offered for each directive with the update according to the respective EU Official Journal:
- Data package Machinery Directive (EU) --> unchanged
- Data package Low Voltage Directive (EU) --> NEW
- Data package EMC Directive (EU) --> NEW
- Data package Pressure Equipment Directive (EU) --> NEW
- Data package ATEX Directive (EU) --> NEW
- Data package RoHS Directive (EU) --> NEW
- Data package EU --> NEW (contains all of the above mentioned EU packages)
- Data package Austrian Standards Institute --> Change of the previous name "Data package ON/ÖVE", but no change in content
This will benefit existing users of Safexpert NormManager. Using the filter function, an even more precise standards search for each EU directive is now possible.
New customers or users who currently do not have a data package or only the data package according to the Machinery Directive can now decide even more flexibly which additional data package brings them added value.
New designations for the IBF standards packages and new standard in the "Machine Safety Plus" package
For easier orientation, the previous IBF standards packages "Standard" as well as "Standard Plus" will in future be referred to under the following designations:
- "Machine Safety" and
- "Machine Safety Plus" standards package
The content of the standards packages remains unaffected, with the exception of one change:
The following standards have recently been added to the Machinery Safety Plus standards package:
- EN 1837:2020 - "Safety of machinery - Integral lighting of machinery" has been added to the package as a successor.
As usual, you can find out which standards are included in the Safexpert standards packages in our overview of the standards and data packages.
The most important corrections in Servicepack 1
- Safexpert has the ability to embed files in a project and also open them at these points. Safexpert also has a function to check embedded or linked files to see if they are still present or if they have changed, if the original file is still available. This behavior has now been optimized. When closing a project, it is automatically checked whether embedded files have been opened and changed and gives the user the opportunity to update these changed files in Safexpert at this point. An entry is also made in the project history for this process.
- Safexpert 8.5 introduced the possibility to transfer employee data with an Active Directory. For large Active Directories with more than 1000 entries, this transfer to Safexpert did not include all employee data. This has now been corrected
- If it is determined at the start of Safexpert that all licenses for the use of Safexpert are occupied, now also non-administrators get the overview which users are currently using Safexpert, in order to contact a user directly, if necessary, without involving the Safexpert administrator.
- With Safexpert 8.5, a new sentence has been added for the declaration of conformity: "The sole responsibility for issuing...". However, this sentence could not be translated into other official languages of the EU because it did not appear in the selection. This has now been corrected
- When checking the quality of templates, there is a check whether all documents are available on the Safexpert Live Server. However, this check does not show which documents were not found. This has been corrected.
- If the project name or status was changed in an embedded subproject, this was not displayed in the main project. Only by a detour (convert to a linked project, re-embed, convert to an embedded project again) this could be corrected. The behavior has been optimized, changes are now displayed correctly.
- It happened that in the project history for incomplete machines the entry "Finalization, Basic requirements met" appeared several times without any change. The behavior has been corrected.
- In the report "Total risk assessment incl. sub-projects", the following points have been further optimized:
- For linked measures, the applied documents are not displayed. This behavior has been corrected.
- Filters can now also be applied in central printing. Only those filters are displayed that are relevant for this report.
- Images that were hung behind a hazard area were hidden in the report. These are now also available.
- When exporting reports from the risk assessment to the "DOCX" format, a field with the content "tablecell22" was displayed. This behavior has been corrected.
- Since Safexpert 8.5, Safexpert help is displayed in a new, modern format. However, on Windows 10, if the option "Beta: Use Unicode UTF-8 for global language support" was enabled, this new help could not be accessed. This behavior has been corrected.
The most important innovations
Special highlight: Change Assistant
Every time a standard is changed, the question arises as to whether projects with a longer duration or templates are still up to date and therefore compliant.
Safexpert has been offering the option of providing safety-related measures with standard references for years. This enormously reduces the effort of checking for updates.
With the new Change Assistant function, the support now goes a big step further: you now not only receive information that one of the applied standards has changed, but are also directly shown where the section of the standard you applied is located in the successor standard and whether the contents in the section relevant to you have changed in the new standard compared to the predecessor.
In brief, the amendment assistant enables you to
- see directly whether a relevant section of a standard has changed
- to see directly whether and which change in the measures is necessary
- to open the replaced and the new standard (if you have licensed it) side by side at the right place with one click to check whether the changes have an impact on your measures.
This means that without tedious reading and research, you can view the old and new places in the document with a click of the mouse in the risk assessment and decide immediately whether and how the measure needs to be revised.
Whitepaper Safexpert Change Assistant
- The report "Risk assessment (total incl. sub-projects) - according to hazard areas" introduced with Safexpert 8.5 has been improved further:
- Included project parts without risk assessment are now also printed.
- Projects without a risk assessment are also displayed.
- The table of contents now reflects the project structure.
- The pictogram library has been updated according to the new EN ISO 7010:2020.
- A new report is available: Pictogram List (Grouped). This groups by pictogram type and lists the assembly locations for it.
- Optimisation when using databases:
- When using a Microsoft SQL server as a database, there are further setting options in the Safexpert options to minimise TimeOut errors.
- At the same time, the behaviour with cloud databases has been optimised so that there are fewer connection interruptions.
- For large databases (>1500 projects), better performance was achieved when copying projects by optimising the behaviour of "BulkInsert".
- The declaration of conformity according to the Machinery Directive was adapted and extended by the following sentence "The sole responsibility for issuing this declaration of conformity lies with the manufacturer". This follows after Decision 768 or the Guide for the Implementation of EU Product Regulations 2016 (Blue Guide). For the declaration of conformity according to the Low Voltage Directive, this sentence was already included.
- In the project management and in the task management, Safexpert remembers the states of the collapsed or expanded groupings. This means that the view is retained when opened again.
The most important fixes
- Since Safexpert 8.5, the licence overview no longer displayed which licences were reserved or checked out or how many personalised licence accesses were available. From now on, the users who use personalised licences are displayed. If this information is not yet displayed after the service pack, please run the Update Wizard > Check Availability function again to reinstall the current licence file.
- For users of Outlook 365, sending error messages generated by Safexpert caused problems in certain constellations. The error causing this has been corrected.
- When working with the view "Life phase 2" in the risk assessment, it happened that the changes could not be saved when adding new hazards. This behaviour was corrected.
- When using self-created checklists for technical documents, it happened that an error message was displayed when ticking off an item in the project. The workaround taken by some users (removing the Global Safexpert Identifier from the checklist) is now no longer necessary, the underlying error has been corrected.
- From now on, the predefined life phases are automatically translated if hazard descriptions are imported from the description library in the risk assessment and the project language is then changed in Safexpert.
- If tasks were created on linked measures, it occasionally happened that this task could not be opened afterwards. This behaviour is now corrected.
- If changes were made exclusively to components, pictograms or applied documents in the measure library, this is now indicated in the project check as before. In addition, the changes can be viewed or adopted after the correction.
New help, new manual
For questions about program operation, the program now supports you with a state-of-the art help. Similar to the earlier PDF manual, you can also call up the new help at any time to give you context-sensitive support by using the function key F1. The presentation of the contents and the navigation within the help have been optimized for working on the screen and correspond to the latest web standards. This includes:
- sections that can be expanded and collapsed
- images that can be enlarged with a click of the mouse
- a convenient search function
- the option of returning to the starting point after clicking on hyperlinks
Compared to the earlier PDF manual, this will now allow you to reach the required information even faster and, at the same time, provides improved clarity: If you prefer to print out the documentation or individual chapters, you still have the option
to do so. All the contents of the documentation continues to be available as a complete PDF manual. The manual has also been redesigned and now provides improved clarity.
As an option, a Safexpert administrator can now configure Safexpert in such a way that individual or all users no longer have to enter a password when starting Safexpert. In this case, the system assumes that if a user has already logged into Windows, it can generally be trusted that this is, indeed, the corresponding person logging in. The login in Safexpert is then done automatically with the Windows password, and the login dialog in Safexpert is no longer being displayed.
Authentication for an Active Directory
Many companies are managing the user data and passwords of their users via an Active Directory. This information can now also be imported in Safexpert where it can be used for the login. Users for whom the function "Use Active Directory" is activated, will also use their Windows password for the login to Safexpert in this case.
Remark: In contrast to the Trusted Sign-On, users will have to re-enter their password in Safexpert. With a convenient management function, you can copy users already present in your Active Directory to Safexpert and synchronise the user data between Safexpert and your Active Directory.
Quickly recognising documents with limited presumption of conformity
Standards published in the Official Journal of the EU as "harmonised“ feature a presumption of conformity. Users of this standard can assume, upon following the standard, that they are also following the essential health and safety requirements from the respective EU directive. In a few isolated cases, there may be standards which have been published in the Official Journal of the EU as "harmonised", but which also feature a note in the Official Journal that certain sections are exempted from it. This important piece of information you can now see at a glance in Safexpert.
For this purpose, the StandardsManager as well as the CE Guide now feature a new corresponding symbol: A corresponding warning symbol also appears in the detail view ofm a document next to the CE marking: In addition, a Knowledge Base entry linked with the document provides information about which sections of the standard are exactly exempted from the presumption of conformity. If you create new documents yourself in the StandardsManager, you can also assign a corresponding status to them, if necessary.
Entering justifications for valuations
If you evaluate a hazard entered with No in the risk assessment, you can now also record the reasons and thereby document your decision for consequential liability relief. This may become important, for example, when an accident is being investigated by authorities, courts, or experts. If entered, the justification will also appear on printouts.
Checking blocked licenses and withdrawing license accesses
During operation, Safexpert monitors the number of available and used licenses. If the existing licenses are insufficient, the user receives the message that no more free licenses are available for an application. As Safexpert administrator, you can check which users are currently logged in to Safexpert, and you may be able to directly withdraw the license access from these users, if necessary. Now you can also make blocked licenses available again at this point, if necessary.
New report for risk assessment
The risk assessment now also features a new Risk assessment (total, including sub-projects) - according to hazard zones report type.
Completely save window positions, state, and size when closing
When you activate the option Save window position and size when closing in the system options, Safexpert now also saves the positions of all docked windows.
Example: The risk assessment features phases of machinery life, hazard zones, and cross-references. Technically speaking, all three windows are so-called "docked windows". If the option Save window position and size when closing is activated, the risk assessment now longer opens these windows in their standard arrangement, but in the arrangement used last when you exited the risk assessment.
Changed system requirements
Safexpert now requires at least Windows 7. Operating it under Windows NT and Windows Vista is no longer possible. Safexpert now also supports Microsoft SQL Server 2019. Effective immediately, Safexpert requires version 4.6.2 of .NET frameworks.
8.4 SP 3
Most important improvements
- As of service pack 3, Safexpert offers the new archive projects function. This is done in the project management. Archived projects are displayed in a separate tab in the project management and can only be opened in read-only mode. Two new rights were established for that:
- "May archive projects" --> this right is automatically assigned to the following pre-installed roles: "Administrator", "Administrator with special rights" and "User"
- "May retrieve projects" --> this right is automatically assigned to the following pre-installed roles: "Administrator", "Administrator with special rights"
- Safexpert now also supports Microsoft Office 2019. This applies in particular to the Instructions Assistant and the Office Addin's for the Safexpert NormAnalyzer
- In the "Basic Settings" of the Safexpert Options area, you can now specify whether exports (projects, lists, libraries) should be anonymized by default or not. This setting applies system-wide and must be made by the Safexpert administrator. Nevertheless, the check mark on the first page of the export wizard can be set as usual
- As of service pack 3, you can set in the Safexpert Options in the "Specifications for reports" area which project identifier is to be specified on the reports. By default, this is the project name. New additions are "Project number" and "Machine number" individually or in combination, which can be set via a selection box. This setting is valid system-wide and must be made by the Safexpert administrator
- As of Service Pack 3, it is now possible to export projects based on a Safexpert Live Server template project, such as templates according to EN 619 from TÜV Rheinland. The check whether a valid license is available for the use of the project is now done during the import of such a project.
Most important fixes
- In the Central printing window, changes to the advanced print settings are now preserved as long as the window is opened. Before Service Pack 3, these settings were discarded after each printing operation
- If you tried to delete a measure from the list of measures in the risk assessment using the context menu, it could happen that the selected measure was not deleted. This behavior is fixed
- When installing Servicepack 2 using software distribution, no start menu entry was created for the Safexpert PDF Viewer. This behavior is fixed
- Selection has been improved when linking measures in the risk assessment. You can now see at which hazard or hazard location and phase of the machinery life the measure to be linked is originally assigned
- The risk assessment reports have been technically revised so that long project names no longer result in printing blank pages
- The Safexpert Risk Assessment package showed an unnecessary message during central printing when the risk assessment report was selected for printing. This message has been removed
- If the limit of the product is changed in the CE guideline, Safexpert now indicates that the link to the "Limits of the Product" library is interrupted. This means that this text is no longer overwritten when the project language is changed
- The pattern for the project number and the machine number did not correctly support consecutive numbering under certain constellations. This behavior has been optimized
- It has occurred that incomplete data sets for the authorised representative to compile the technical file were available in the system specifications. As a result, changes to this address were not adopted. Servicepack 3 corrects these data records and eliminates the cause of the incomplete data records.
- The printout of the declaration of conformity from Safexpert prints the current date on the report only as long as the CE guide has not been completed. From this point on, the date of completion of the CE guide or the date of placing on the market is printed
- When shifting the scheduled date of placing on the market, it has happened that the action was aborted with an error message. This behavior is now fixed
- If measure from a library is changed in the risk assessment, Safexpert now indicates that the connection to the library will be interrupted. As a result, this action will no longer be part of the project checks
- Optimizations with regard to Drag&Drop were carried out within the risk assessment
- Minor text corrections were made to ToolTips and message texts
8.4 SP 2 (90)
Error corrected – Installation recommended for users of Safexpert 8.4 SP 2 (86):
- If several limits of the machine were opened in the window “Risk assessment”, it wasn’t possible to copy measures with Drag & Drop from one limit to the other one. This error is fixed.
- After installation of Safexpert Service Pack 2, project checks were aborted sometimes with the error message “The timeout was exceeded before completing the process or the server did not respond”. This error is fixed.
- After installation of Safexpert Service Pack 2, the newly added option “Consecutive numbering” was not displayed, if the setting “Save window position and size when closing” was activated in the Safexpert options. This has been fixed and the new option is always displayed in central printing.
- After installation of Safexpert Service Pack 2, self-created system phases of the machinery life could no longer be updated in projects. This error is fixed.
8.4 SP 2
A faulty behavior has been fixed what strongly recommends the installation of this service pack!
Due to consistency tests of projects during installation, the duration of your update can take 15 minutes more than usual.
The most important innovations:
- Safexpert 8.4, Service Pack 2 supports SISTEMA version 2.0.8 by default. The additional internet update is no more necessary.
- The licencing conditions of the authors of full text documents require an identification of the licensee on printouts of the respective full text. For this reason, the licence number, the licensee and the reference date are printed on the side of full text documents obtained from IBF (single standards as ÖNORM or the Standard and Standard Plus packages).
- Safexpert now offers the option of printing additional terms such as "original" and "translation" on the declaration of conformity or incorporation. This can be controlled in the Safexpert options. Further information can be found in the Safexpert User guide, chapter 22.214.171.124.
- If projects cannot be copied, exported or checked out because they are open by other users, Safexpert now also lists the names of the users who have currently opened the affected project. Thus, it is now possible to determine who has to close the project so that the desired action can be carried out.
- The menu guidance for maintaining translations for projects or reports has been improved. The menu item "XML export (for translator)" is now visible directly in the multifunction bar.
- Since Safexpert 8.4, hazard zones can also be created in a tree structure. When deleting a hazard zone, which contains additional hazard zones, Safexpert warns about deleting it.
- The project management can now also display the information "Last change by". Use the "Hidden columns" function to control the visibility of this information.
- In the „Data export risk assessment in tabular form”, the signal word defined in the risk-IN estimation is now also available.
- New features available in central printing:
- It is possible now to change stored batch reports later. Please proceed as follows:
- Load the batch report (with the function “Loading selection…”)
- Perform changes (e.g. add new reports or remove reports)
- Save the batch report (with the function “Saving selection…”)
- Safexpert automatically detects that it is a change to a batch report and offers to apply the changes, create a new batch report under a different name, or cancel the action
- The option "Print overall report with consecutive page numbering" was split into 2 options. In "Print overall report" and "Consecutive page numbering". This makes it possible to generate multiple reports in a single PDF, with each report still maintaining its own page numbering. NOTE: If “Consecutive page numbering” is selected, the printout of the overall report is necessary. Safexpert adopts this setting automatically.
- The 2 new options “Print overall report” and “Consecutive page numbering” are now also saved in the batch reports. NOTE: Already created batch reports are not changed. Save them again with the desired option.
- The option „Consecutive page numbering” is now selected by default when opening the central printing.
- The new Safexpert Support e-mail address “email@example.com” is displayed in Safexpert.
The most important fixes:
- If measures were taken over from another project via drag & drop and the views of the risk assessment of the source and target project differed, the measures were not copied as shown, but moved. This behavior has been fixed - it is still possible to take measures from other projects via drag & drop, but the current view of the risk assessment must be identical in both projects.
- Safexpert performs a consistency check of the projects during the setup. If the database is affected by this error, this is indicated to the user in the Health check under Data optimization recommended with the Safexpert message 24541. The user must follow the instructions of Safexpert to have the measures available again in the correct project. This process is supported by the history logs. If logging is not active, the measures must be manually reworked.
- If "Risk adequately reduced" is set in the risk assessment, the tree always scrolls and displays the current measure as the 1st line. Therefore, a "jumping" of the tree is observed. This behavior has been turned off
- If an address from the library was selected in register 5 of the CE guide and then a different address was chosen in the project data - manufacturer, the correct data was no longer displayed in register 5. This behavior has been fixed.
- If an applied document of a measure was copied to another project via drag & drop, the jump destinations were not included. This has been corrected
- If you work in the risk assessment with the view for cross-references (including Machinery Directive or Low-Voltage Directive), Safexpert offered in the context menu to attach phases of the machinery life to hazard groups or hazards. Only when saving, Safexpert pointed out this error. This behavior has been fixed, it is no longer possible to incorrectly attach a phase of the machinery life in this view to a hazard group or hazard.
- If an applied document was added in the risk assessment of a project and then the CE Guide was opened, the document was correctly displayed in the respective tab. If the risk assessment has now been closed without saving, the list of applied documents in the CE Guide was empty. This display error has been fixed.
- The applied documents in a project with CE guide according to the Low-Voltage Directive could not be moved. An error message occurred. This error is fixed.
- Safexpert 8.4, Service Pack 1 prevented that users without the appropriate right were able to change manufacturer address when selected in register 5 of the CE Guide or in the project data. This had the effect that no new addresses could be created. With Service Pack 2 it is possible again the create new addresses.
- If a user did not have the right “May manage the project recycle bin” and tried to add an existing project in the project structure, an error message occurred. This has been fixed.
- When editing your own cross-reference lists, it was occasionally possible to get an error message with the text "The discarded object can not be accessed". This had no effect on the editing. The error message no longer occurs.
- If a directory from the file system was linked anywhere in Safexpert, this directory could no longer be renamed, moved, etc. (for example in the Windows Explorer). Previously, Safexpert had to be completely shut down. This behavior has been corrected.
- In addition, minor optimizations were performed in the areas of “Risk assessment”, “Project management”, “Libraries and Lists” and “Checks and acceptances”.
8.4 SP 1
Hint: The duration of your update can be 15 minutes longer as usual due to the extended datamodel.
The most important changes:
- The fields "Additional information" and "Batch number" added in a previous version are now printed in the declaration of conformity, the declaration of incorporation and the project data if the fields are filled.
- The display of the "no injury" parameter in the OUT area of the "Risk assessment" window has been improved --> missing line added
- The automatic update checks have been enhanced. Now Safexpert checks when embedding or linking into the project structure whether the applied standards and guidelines of the subprojects are still up-to-date. In addition, Safexpert now also performs this update check if the entire hazard limits (e.g. interfaces) from another project are transferred to the project structure. This facilitates the compilation of plant projects and the associated tests which safety measures no longer correspond to the state of standardization.
- Deleting projects with linked subprojects has been simplified: If you delete a project in which subprojects are linked that are also linked in other projects, no more information is displayed and the project including the links is deleted. The linked projects are retained. If a linked subproject is not linked in any other projects, a window is displayed asking whether the linked subproject should also be deleted.
The most important fixes:
- After adding a hazard zone via the plus symbol () it was not possible to save it afterwards. This has been fixed.
- In reports from the ranges: Risk assessment, tab "Technical documentation" of the CE-Guide and Checks and Acceptance Wizard the lines were not displayed correctly when exporting PDF. The incorrect display was corrected in the affected reports.
- In the reports "Project Structure" and "Entire Project Structure" additional texts are now displayed completely.
- The update of the name of a phase of the machinery life in the project check was not included in the display of the opened risk assessment. To update the display, the risk assessment had to be closed and reopened. This was corrected.
- Changes to the pictogram group led to an error message in the project check. This was corrected.
- If projects were imported from a previous version as Safexpert 8.4, no options for changes in phases of the machinery life were offered in the project checks. This has been corrected.
- Older projects which do not contain a checklist of the technical documentation in tab 5 of the CE-Guide according to the Machinery Directive now no longer cause Safexpert to crash.
- The filter function for file lists had not stored meaningful default values in the "Type" column. This has been corrected.
- In the CE-Guide tabs 5 and 7, the status information "Completed" or "They correspond" could only be set by repeated mouse clicks (2x). This has been corrected, a simple mouse click is now sufficient.
- Despite an incomplete risk assessment, tab 4 of the CE-Guideline according to the Machinery Directive could be set to "Completed" if the question "Is the product subject to the Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC" was rated "No" in tab 1. This was corrected.
- When changing the project language, the phases of the machinery life were not converted to the new language. This has been corrected and the phases of the machinery life are now also converted to the new language.
- If a project with the indicator "Reset completion" was copied, the assessments for hazards that do not occur had to be repeated in the risk assessment. Only then the risk assessment could be completed. This was corrected and the evaluation does not have to be repeated.
- When importing dictionaries from OXT files, an error could occur because the temporarily unpacked files could not be deleted after installation due to write protection settings. This is now taken into consideration when importing dictionaries.
- If an existing document with linked files was copied in the NormManager, an error occurred. This was corrected.
- When saving a batch report in central printing, individual language settings for the reports declaration of conformity and declaration of incorporation were not considered. This is corrected.
Error coordinated - Installation recommended for Safexpert 8.4 (44) User:
In risk assessment, you can create hazard zones using several variants. The following error occurs with one of these variants:
- After adding a hazard zone using the plus symbol (), no saving is possible afterwards. This problem does not occur with the other options for creating a hazard zone.
The bug is fixed with the current build.
The most important changes:
- The term "hazardous location" has been adapted to the terminology used in EN ISO 12100 "hazard zone".
- Hazard zones can now be grouped hierarchically.
- The new start mask offers frequently used functions as well as projects and assigned tasks edited last directly after Safexpert has been started. This makes it easier to start working with Safexpert.
- Safexpert now has a spell checker using freely available Hunspell dictionaries.
- Safexpert template projects can now be digitally checked before they are passed on to customers or partners.
- Safexpert can be operated in compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). For this purpose, functions for pseudonymisation or anonymisation of user data have been implemented.
- Available template projects can be searched directly in Safexpert. Safexpert optionally refers to existing templates if there is a reference to an applied standard.
- Usability optimizations have been carried out at various points.
Implemented customer wishes:
- Checkboxes that cannot be clicked, as they only serve to display status information, are now marked separately by their own symbols.
- Reports as well as list and tree views can now also be exported in Microsoft Word format "docx".
- Performance optimizations were made when opening and printing projects with many subprojects.
- Selection lists for Safexpert users are sorted alphabetically.
- In the case of formatable fields (rich text), you can switch to the enlarged view by double-clicking.
- The "Hazard occurs: Delete" function introduced in Safexpert 8.3 in the risk assessment was changed to "Hazard occurs: Undo Rating", since the original name led to uncertainty among users.
- The setting "Perform extended system checks for all users" now also takes into account the check for a new software version and the check for a valid license access to the Safexpert Live Server.
- The option "Save tree view and filter" can be used to specify whether the state of the tree view is to be saved in the risk assessment or in the Checks and Acceptance Wizard and restored the next time the view is opened.
- When tab 4 in the CE-Guide according to the Machinery Directive or tab 3 in the CE-Guide according to the Low Voltage Directive is completed, hazard zones and phases of the machinery life are checked for their use. During the test, it can now be specified that unused hazard zones and phase of the machinery life are set directly to "Not relevant" in order to complete the tab.
More information about updating to the new Safexpert version is available here.
8.3 SP 6
Bug fixed - Installation recommended for Safexpert 8.3 SP 5 users:
- The message "The arithmetic operation caused an overflow" appeared under certain conditions in descriptions of measures in the risk assessment, which meant that it was not possible to enter or edit the texts.
This bug has been fixed, we recommend all users of Safexpert 8.3 SP 5 to update to SP 6.
- When printing with formatted text, some characters were not displayed correctly, this error was fixed.
- After changing the project language, saved conversion tables could not be accessed in the dialog for hazard lists. This error has been fixed.
- Only the 1st line of the "Function" field was displayed in the declaration of conformity report. This is fixed, now all lines are displayed correctly.
- In the print preview, an export to the DOCX format was cancelled with an error. This is fixed, an export to DOCX is now possible without errors.
8.3 SP 5
The most important changes:
- In several places (project management, technical documentation, limits of the machines) the possibility was created to make multiple selections in order to facilitate data processing.
- Predefined filters are now available in the "Compiling technical files" and "Perform internal manufacturing checks" tabs.
- The report for checks/acceptances has been revised. The column layout was optimized with regard to the space requirements of the data fields. Furthermore, it is now possible to see who carried out an evaluation and whether the test was successful.
- The header area of reports now displays information on the position of the project within the project structure. This is especially useful if a project documentation consists of several projects.
- The layout of the Declaration of Conformity and Declaration of Incorporation has been optimized to make better use of the available space.
- In the risk assessment, hazards can now be reset to "Hazard occurs: Reset assessment".
The most important fixes:
- The "Tasks without responsible persons" check now only considers open tasks.
- Under certain conditions, it was not possible to set tab 8 to "Completed" in the CE-Guideline of the Machinery Directive; a newly integrated message provides information on the cause and possible corrections in future.
- The permitted number of characters is only checked during input when entering user-defined definitions in the StandardsManager.
- The interfaces created by drag&drop from tab 4 of the CE-Guide are now copied and no longer moved.
- In the "Hazard zones" view of the risk assessment, a display error in the red/green calculation triggered by deleting a hazard zone has been corrected. Further optimizations for the red/green calculation were also performed for the views "Phase of the machinery life 1" and "Phase of the machinery life 2".
- Error when copying tasks now no longer occurs when the hazard location is excluded as the element to be copied.
- After moving a task in the risk assessment (Drag&Drop), an error could occur when opening the task; this was fixed.
8.3 SP 4
Critical bug fixed - Installation HIGHLY recommended!!
For users who have newly installed Safexpert 8.3, a task text from another (higher-level) task is copied when linking tasks.
Although this error is immediately noticeable, we recommend all users of Safexpert 8.3 to install ServicePack 4 immediately!!
- In version Safexpert 8.3, ServicePack 3, the following errors occurred during printing, which were fixed in ServicePack 4:
- When printing the risk assessment at an interface, an error message is displayed. After clicking on "OK", the printing process is cancelled.
- An error message is displayed when printing the check or acceptance report in "Central printing". After clicking on "OK", the printing process is cancelled.
- If a new task was added to a linked task, it could not be immediately set to "Completed". This has been corrected.
8.3 SP 3
The most important innovations:
Fixes and changes:
- The license overview now shows for which employees and to what extent personalized license rights are available.
- When saving batch reports in central printing, the set parameters are now also saved.
- Under certain conditions, an error message occurred with the "Manage translations" function. This was corrected.
- When creating own report templates, the database field "Signal word" can now also be included in the report.
- When safety measures were transferred from an interface-relevant hazard zone to the risk assessment of the interface, the measures were sometimes displayed twice. This was corrected.
- If a component with an article number of more than 40 characters was entered in the SISTEMA component library, an error message was displayed indicating that the component could not be transferred. The part number can now be up to 255 characters long.
- Parameters for batch insert operations can now be specified for SQL Server databases. This improves performance, especially for large databases.
8.3 SP 1
The most important innovations:
- Adaptation of the risk graph to EN ISO 13849-1:2015
The new risk graph offers the option of reducing the required performance level by one level if the probability of occurrence of the hazard event can be classified as low.
Depending on the scheduled date of placing on the market, the project checks indicate whether the new risk graph must be used. At this point, it is also possible to convert existing evaluations to the new risk graph. This does not change any evaluation!
- Support of SISTEMA 2.0.3b
Safexpert also supports the pre-release version of SISTEMA 2.0.3b. Projects opened in SISTEMA 2.0.3b are automatically converted by SISTEMA and can then only be used with SISTEMA 2.0.3b or higher! ATTENTION: SISTEMA 2.0.3b is a pre-beta version!
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014 is now officially supported. Documentations and whitepapers have been updated.
- A filter is available in the risk assessment and in the printouts that displays all measures that are dependent on a control system.
- For the Safexpert administrators, the setting option was created that projects are only displayed in the project administration if they correspond to the same location as the Safexpert user.
Projects created with Safexpert 8.3 SP1 and using the new risk graph according to EN ISO 13849-1:2015 cannot be imported into an older version (including Safexpert 8.3!)!
8.3 SP 2
The most important innovation:
- Customization and support of Sistema 2.0.6
- The declaration of conformity can be translated into other languages (Icelandic, Norwegian and Turkish).
- The "Cross-reference list" report now displays tasks from the cross-reference list.
- When creating a cross-reference list, tasks can be sorted. This order is taken into account when inserting into a project.
The most important fixes:
- In risk assessment, tasks can no longer be created at the wrong level.
- Display errors of tasks in the task overview fixed.
- In the "Safexpert Risk Assessment" version, the "limits of the product" can now be renamed.
- The editability of exported reports in RTF format has been improved (e.g. for post-processing in Word).
The most important innovations:
- New module (optional): CE-Guide and checklist according to Low Voltage Directive 2014/35/EU (optional) incl. checklist for compilation of technical documents according to RoHS Directive 2011/65/EU
- Check-out and check-in of projects to take projects with you on a notebook
- Update checks can now also be extended to completed projects
- Types of measures adapted to the terminology of EN ISO 12100 and EN ISO 13849-1
- Conversion of the documentation language in projects
- Declarations of conformity can now be printed in all official EU languages
- New functions in the "Operating Instructions Wizard" Module
- New function: You can give your feedback on standard sections simply and unbureaucratically.
- Implementation of various customer requests
8.2 SP 7
The most important fixes and changes:
- When importing projects from Safexpert 8.0 or 8.1, the import could be cancelled. This has been fixed.
- When printing the declaration of conformity or declaration of incorporation, the order of the documents used was adjusted to the sorting order in tab 3 of the CE-Guide.
- When printing the project list from the project management, it could happen that an empty report was displayed. This was fixed.
- In Safexpert Basic, when documents from another project were transferred, it could happen that not all documents were transferred. This was fixed.
- When calling StandardsManager in network mode, a message sometimes appeared that no free licenses were available, although free licenses were still available. This was fixed.
- While working with Safexpert, the error message "The index was out of range" was sometimes displayed. This was fixed.
- In addition, minor errors in the areas of risk assessment and checks/acceptances were eliminated.
- The add-ins can now also be installed on Office 2016.
- When working with EPLAN P8, an error message occurred when opening Excel files. This was fixed.
8.2 SP 6
ATTENTION: It is highly recommended to install this ServicePack for these two reasons:
- The old operating instructions templates according to EN 62079 for the Safexpert Operating Instructions Wizard no longer correspond to the current state of standardization!
- The formats for Safexpert templates, lists and libraries will soon be functionally extended for administration in the Safexpert Solution Store. To ensure that the updates continue to work smoothly, an update to ServicePack 6 is required!
- The European standard EN 62079:2002 (production of instructions - Structure, content and presentation) was withdrawn on 1.9.2015 and replaced by EN 82079-1:2012 (Preparation of instructions for use — Structuring, content and presentation — Part 1: General principles and detailed requirements). The Safexpert operating instructions templates were completely revised in German and English and adapted in design and content to the new standard EN 82079-1:2012. Owners of a valid maintenance contract for Safexpert Compact or Professional receive the new templates automatically and free of charge during the installation of the ServicePack.
- In the foreseeable future, machine-specific template projects will be offered or developed on customer request in the Safexpert Solution Store currently under development. As a prerequisite for this, we have revised our license conditions, which are displayed when the ServicePack is installed.
- In NormAnalyzer for Word, PowerPoint and Excel, the menu item for calling the online help has been implemented in the main menu (F1 help).
The most important fixes:
- Timeout errors could occur during automatic project update checks. This has been fixed.
- When importing bookmarks from the user manual template into the Safexpert instruction wizard, it was possible that bookmarks that included several paragraphs in the user manual template were displayed several times. This was corrected.
- When editing a "Partly completed machinery", the cursor was displayed as an hourglass in the CE-Guide, although Safexpert no longer carried out any work in the background. The usual mouse pointer is now displayed again after the work has been completed.
- When copying complete hazard locations, it could happen that the risk reduction measures were displayed for a hazard and also for the higher-level hazard group. This has been corrected.
Note: These corrections were all also made in Safexpert 8.3. We recommend the installation of Safexpert 8.3. It is not necessary to install this ServicePack in advance!
8.2 SP 5
- Integration of the NormAnalyzer Office AddIns into the Safexpert setup. Further information can be found here.
The most important fixes:
- "Risk adequately reduced" is no longer reset when a SISTEMA project is opened and closed again unchanged
- Avoid timeout messages that may occur during the update under certain circumstances.
- "Value must not be NULL" is no longer displayed when a report is printed.
- "Index 0 does not have a value" was corrected when adding or copying a new custom definition in the StandardsManager
- Minor adaptation in the field of English and French translation
- Moving nodes in risk assessment has been improved
- Under certain circumstances, a cross-reference list could not be removed during risk assessment or project check
- Correction of the checking of maximum and minimum values in the options which caused the error message "The value is invalid for the interval".
- Fixed error message "AcceptChanges not allowed while transaction is active" when editing data in risk assessment
- Correcting tasks in specific views of risk assessment
- The change of the project name in the project data is immediately visible in the project tree.
- "Risk adequately reduced" can now be changed even after a copy operation has been cancelled.
- Fixed error message "The index was out of range" when adding a standard to tab 3 of the CE-Guide
- Display corrected when switching between tab 5 and tab 7 of the CE-Guide
8.2 SP 4
The most important innovations:
- The recycle bin function is now available for deleting projects. Accidentally deleted projects can be restored. Deleting projects is now very quick. The data is only physically deleted when the database is reorganized.
- In cross-reference lists, tasks can now be predefined that have to be completed in the course of the conformity assessment procedure. In the Project manager, tasks are now divided into three areas: "Organizational", "Risk Assessment" and "General Project Tasks".
- Performance improvements have been made in various areas, in particular in connection with risk assessments, task lists as well as checks and acceptances in large projects.
- Improvements have been made to memory management, drag and drop history logging, connection and transaction handling of the database to improve stability and performance.
- In the CE-Guide, filter functions have been integrated into tabs 5 (Compile technical file) and 7 (Perform internal manufacturing checks).
- A context menu for alphabetical sorting of entries has been integrated in each of the hazard zones and phases of the machinery life windows.
- A new pictogram library according to EN ISO 7010 has been integrated.
- In addition, various improvements have been made and minor errors corrected.
8.2 SP 3
The most important innovations:
- In rare cases it could happen that self-defined pictogram groups were no longer correctly displayed during the update to Safexpert 8.2. ServicePack 3 checks whether this has an effect on your database. If this is the case, the corresponding corrective actions are displayed on the screen.
- The installation and reorganization routines for the SQL Server have been optimized.
- When classifying the required SIL, Safexpert automatically suggests the value already defined in the risk assessment. In the classification of the extent of damage "no injury", a too high SIL was previously suggested. The default value was corrected.
- An error in the status evaluation was corrected when a separate checklist was used to compile the technical documentation.
- New menu items for alphabetical sorting have been added to the "Risk assessment" tab in the "Hazard zone" and "Phases of the machinery life" windows.
- Improvement of the report of the cross-reference lists
- When creating cross-reference lists, the "Origin" field is now also displayed. This facilitates the assignment of cross-references to the respective hazards.
- In the risk assessment, hazard zones and phases of the machinery life could not be copied if a hazard zone or phase of the machinery life already existed with the same name. A different name is now proposed. This means that complete hazard zones and phases of the machinery life can now be copied.
8.2 SP 2
The most important innovations:
- "Risk assessment" report optimized in central printing in one view
- Fixed Safexpert message when copying projects
- Copying a limits of product improved
- Improved display of tab 8 when opening and editing the risk assessment without prior classification in tab 1
- Display in options for system checks fixed
- Improved simultaneous editing of a measure in a specific view
- Fixed incorrect behavior when editing cross-reference lists in a view
- Message when opening a project with old CE-Guide corrected
8.2 SP 1
The most important innovations:
- Login with activated Comprehensive Quality Assurance corrected
- Message with different date settings between SQL server and client corrected
- Patch when saving files within limits of the product
- Patch when sorting hazard zones and phases of the machinery life in risk assessment
- Patch when editing reports
The most important innovations:
- New "Safexpert Risk Assessment" module
- New hazard list according to ANSI/ISO 12100
- Advanced functions for update checks
- Automatic information about expiring maintenance contracts
- Warning in case of safety-related effects of postponements
- Reservation of licenses
- Interface to the editorial system SCHEMA ST4
- Format specifications for rich text fields
- Set company logo for reports centrally
8.1 SP 6
The most important innovations:
- Updating of the pictogram library based on the latest version of ASR A1.3
- Interface to new version of Sistema 1.1.6 adapted and released
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 is now available as a database too
- Errors in automatic e-mail sending have been corrected
- Improvement of the performance of reported configurations at customers
- Error patch when exporting the risk assessment in tabular form
8.1 SP 5
This ServicePack contains, among other things, new functions for automatic database checking. It is therefore highly recommended to install this ServicePack!
These checks are performed automatically when Safexpert is started for the first time:
- Check whether the project structure in the individual projects in the database is correct.
- Check whether existing projects contain references to any deleted subprojects.
- Check whether the data in the measure descriptions are consistent with those in the risk assessment tree structure.
If Safexpert was able to detect one of these errors, it displays a message on how to proceed.
- In the status evaluation, the determination of open tasks is now carried out at a higher speed.
- Patched an error in automatic software distribution (MSI) when using a SQL Server with Windows authentication as database.
8.1 SP 4
The most important innovations:
- Interface to new version of Sistema 1.1.5 adapted and released
- Under certain conditions, the StandardsManager update run could require the ICS-circles to be redefined. This error was fixed.
Even if you do not use Sistema, the installation of the ServicePack is recommended. For information on how to install the ServicePack as cost-effectively as possible and how to distribute Safexpert on the network, see the ServicePack section.
8.1 SP 3
This ServicePack offers important improvements in functionality, handling and performance.
The risk assessment can be performed according to EN ISO 12100, for example, or alternatively on the basis of Annex I of the Machinery Directive. Switching between the two variants is now faster than before. Other processes are now also performed much more quickly, e.g.
- Navigation in the risk assessment tree, especially if many linked measures are included,
- Drag and drop operations within the tree,
- individual functions such as setting the check mark "Risk adequately reduced" and selecting pictograms.
The performance improvements also relate to
- the call of the CE-Guide, especially if many "limits of the product" are included,
- the import of projects and libraries,
- the output and presentation of reports.
Software technical optimizations are available for
- the recording of updates,
- Data export of the risk assessment in tabular form (e.g. to Excel),
- the query of user rights,
- the display of the project status.
8.1 SP 2
- When exporting/importing and copying projects
- When storing large amounts of data (SQL Server and Oracle)
- A special single-user mode has been developed for operation on a stand-alone PC.
In the area of updates, these points were fixed or added:
- The activation of an already expired license can now take place via the Internet update.
These points have been fixed or added for the use of Safexpert:
- Risk assessment: Corrections and improvements in the display (red/green switchover) and when copying and moving hazard zones, phases of the machinery life or measures.
- Multi-Select in the dock windows of hazard zones and phases of the machinery life.
- New pictogram library in French: Document number: "Pic 92/58/CEE", Title: "Bibliothèque de pictogrammes selon 92/58/CEE".
- Checks and Acceptance Wizard: Improvements in display (red/green switching)
When printing reports, these items have been fixed or added:
- Interfaces are taken into account in central printing
- New report "Risk assessment (based on ISO/TR 14121-2:2012)"
- This drastically shortens the printing of the risk assessment.
8.1 SP 1
In the area of updates, these points have been fixed or added:
- In databases with a lot of projects the setup could be cancelled under certain circumstances. This was fixed.
- Links to standards or other documents with invalid file names were not displayed correctly. This was fixed.
- Various additional database checks are now performed before the update.
- If project names or project numbers were not entered or too long, the setup could be cancelled under certain circumstances.
For the use of Safexpert, these points were fixed or added:
- Before importing projects, additional checks are performed to ensure that the import data is complete.
- The fields "SIL" and "SILr" are now also displayed in the "Data export risk assessment in tabular form" window and can therefore also be exported.
- Error when logging in under Citrix has been fixed.
- Several display errors in the risk assessment have been fixed.
- Errors when editing the risk assessment via drag & drop have been fixed.
- Performance when changing the text in the hazard description has been improved.
- In the Instructions Assistant, bookmarks can now be longer than 255 characters.
- Imported or update converted projects for which the Appendix X (Full Quality Assurance) procedure was set can now be completed in tab 8.
- By special customer request, it is now possible to remove the Machine Directive from tab 2 (Apply relevant directives). A warning will be displayed .
- When printing to PDF documents from the PDF view, the page range (from - to) to be printed can now be selected.
- When deleting a component in SISTEMA, it is also deleted from the parts list in the Safexpert project.
- Optimizations in license management with regard to still free licenses
- When Safexpert is restarted after an Internet update, the number of licenses used is reset to 1.
- It is now possible to delete projects from another location, provided the right to do so has been granted.
- In tab 7 (performing internal manufacturing checks), the flag "They correspond" can only be set if the flag "Completed" has been set.
- When saving data to the clipboard, a memory overflow could occur if Microsoft Office programs were open at the same time. This was corrected
When printing reports, these items have been fixed or added:
- In report management, you can now specify that certain system reports are no longer displayed when projects are printed.
- The name "PL" has been corrected to "PLr" in the risk IN report of the risk assessment.
- In the risk assessment report, the representations of table lines and images have been fixed or added.
- Two signatures are now displayed in the risk assessment report if a second signatory is entered in the project data.
- Adapted to the amendment to the Machinery Directive 2009/127/EC (machinery for pesticide application)
- Safexpert 7.1 or earlier versions can be updated. ATTENTION: Please note the update checklist!
- Oracle Connector optionally available
- Completely new and intuitive user interface in top modern design
- Automatic checking of which safety-related solutions in ongoing projects are affected by changes in standards
- Adoption of proven solutions from previous projects with standards update check
- Modular risk assessment in plant projects
- Clear design and structuring of systems
- Identification of interface-relevant hazards
- Printouts in Excel, Word and PDF format
- Integration of photos into risk assessment
- New concept for selecting safety-related solutions from C standards
Safexpert 7.1 and earlier versions are no longer supported.
Safexpert 7 and earlier versions were developed under Microsoft Visual FoxPro. Since Microsoft has no longer provided support for FoxPro, we could no longer maintain support for Safexpert 7 and therefore discontinued it with 30.4.2013.